Sunday, October 5, 2008

I think I know what I'm doing...:0)
















At least it is starting to feel that way around here, lol. This little guy has been the single most difficult thing I have done in regards to finishwork, but will be one of the more rewarding tasks I have completed...when he's completed that is.







I received Mr. Oberon in the mail from England in December of last year (my that's embarrassing!) and he immediately began giving me troubles.

He had a few layers of primer and previous color on him, and needed a few tweaks before I could be satisfied enough to put my finishwork on him (mostly because I'd be horrified to have a customer find something I missed while prepping, eek!), but nothing too major. So he received a Power dissolver bath and a new prep and prime, and was ready for action...or so I thought. We received word that we would be moving, so I needed to pack up my models to get the house ready for sale, so mister Obie in his fresh new primer coat was placed away in a tote to be brought to the new house, where he would begin coming to life finally in May!
I began his coloring in a way I thought would give me good tone and balance, by pastelling a base coat, as I was aiming for a roany look at first...but he had different ideas for sure! I'm going to let the pictures do the rest of the talking (it's past 1am again...tee hee..) but I think it's a neat transformation to see the various stages he's gone through to get where I'm fairly happy with how he looks! He's still far from finished, but has come a really long way so far, finished pictures should be up within the week! Stay tuned!
(top is first pic, they get more recent as you scroll down!)

No comments: