Monday, November 17, 2008

Having a little fun!


So after a year's worth of working on these two items as I could (between moving, surgery, yard building, kid surgeries and daily 'Mom' stuff...not to mention a whole lot of other 'little' items!) I'm finally finally done! Woo! So with that under my belt, I trekked out into our semi frozen backyard to the dirt pile left from the pond excavation to take some fun pictures of the two sets I will be sending out this week. I've also included a picture of a Royal Show halter I created as part of a package that includes the costume on the left below...it turned out well I think.




I have noticed a certain pattern in my work, and maybe other artists/tack makers can relate. In the beginning, I was slow, things took forever it seems, but as I got better, I got fast, really fast, and now, that I find my attention for detail increasing in large leaps, I am back to slow again, does that make sense? Things that would take me three days take me a month, things that used to take a month take much much longer. I suppose it's just a natural progression, putting more and more detail into each piece and being ever more picky about what you send out into the world, it sure does impact the quality as well as the quantity, which isn't all bad, just kinda confusing. :0)
Well, back to the grindstone...there shall be more to come this week if it kills me!

1 comment:

Braymere said...

Great work, Melissa! Everything is looks just like I'd hoped. Can't wait to see it in person.