Thursday, March 19, 2009

Back home, with some additional shiny things in my hands!








Wow, what a weekend! I am still pretty wiped out, as the bed I was in wasn't the most comfy, and not to mention late night tack changing to prepare for the next day...but all in all I am feeling good! I am so glad I had the chance to test out some of my new pieces, and I got some great tips from a very well respected and tough judge, it was fabulous! I have a few more shows I would like to get to this spring, and I am hoping and praying that NAN is in my future as well, I want to make my work's debut at NAN in person, I can't wait!

My overall win list:
Saturday (Judge Lauren Wood)

1st place Modern Arabian Costume-Khaotic-wearing the gold and black number
1st place Historical Arabian Costume-Mehdi-wearing the turquoise native set
2nd place Other Costume (apparently a rein popped off its wax, grrr.) -Khaotic in the green EDH

Champion of CM Other Performance-Khaotic

Reserve Champion of CM other Perf.-Mehdi

Overall Reserve Champion of CM Performance- Khaotic (he is painted by me as well)


Sunday: (judge Lauren Wood)




1st place Modern Arabian Costume-Maxximum Output wearing the gold and black costume
1st place Historical costume-Darkh Knight wearing the Turquoise Native set
1st place Other Costume-Darkh Knight wearing the green EDH costume
1st place other performance- Noisy Rio wearing the carousel costume


Champion of Other Performance: Darkh Knight

1st place Dressage-Pierino

Champion of English-Pierino

(the English classes were quite sparse, Lauren said she thought my entry was very nice and everything was done correctly, though she would have tucked the excess rein I left hanging to the right, so a good entry nonetheless! )

Overall OF Performance Champion-Darkh Knight




AR Minis(all painted by me) Judge Caroline Boydston




1st place TWH, MFT-Cougar's Pride-Mindy resin
Champion of Light breeds
Overall Reserve Champion of AR mini

1st place in Warmbloods-Ricochet-Dinky duke resin
2nd in American Ponies-Gimli-Flitwick resin
3rd place Paint horse-Apache Clouds-Cheveyo
3rd place Other Stock-Butternut-Doodlebug resin
4th place British pony-Silvermist-Netzky resin
5th place Arabian-Sadeek-Mini Nahar



AR Traditional and classic size: (painted by me too!)

2nd place Paint horse- Sierra Skies-Matriarch resin

So all in all a great list of results for my work, I am very proud. I am so pleased my Mindy did as well as she did, and under Caroline as a judge! She had me shaking so hard after the light breed champ pinning that I could hardly manipulate my tack, but I was able to compose myself and get the green Dancing Horse costume all put on properly, and it kicked butt! Woot!

I've included a few pictures of the show, I couldn't snap many because I was running around with tack changes and such, but I managed a few! Here is the rest of the album in case anyone is interested! http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n74/sagecreations/Las%20Vegas%20Live%202009/

Thanks for reading!
































2 comments:

Four Corners Tack said...

Hi Melissa,
Great pictures, and well done. I noticed on your album you took a picture of a black and red medeival set, I made that! Would it be possible to save a copy of this photo for my records, and possibly post on my yahoo group?
Thanks,
Lauren

Melissa Sage said...

Hi Lauren! Thanks for the comment! You can certainly use the picture, I only wish I had the time to take more/better ones! Thanks again for the comment! :0)