Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Look mom, my butt fits!"













The last one for a few days, I promise, mostly because I have company coming in the next few days and I probably ought to tend to my house a little... :0D


The red dancing horse saddle is done (save the lining), and the girth, bridle and collar still need attention, but I should have them wrapped in another week or two, and I still owe you guys some pics of the other native set in progress, hopefully by the weekend I'll have those!


The main purpose of tonight's pictures is to illustrate how important fit is in the model saddle. I can't even begin to count the teensy weensy little seats I have seen on costume after costume, and it really makes me wonder what happens when the buyer gets a really cool doll for their set, only to find the seat is built for a person roughly little bit size!


That reason is why I keep my trusty doll "Ron" (who has a very strong resemblance to my little brother...hence the name, lol) handy, to test out my seats before they even begin to get covered in fabric (or suede as it is in this example), just a little added touch that I hope helps the buyer have more flexibility when showing my work...with the added bonus that it adds to the realism as well.
Oh, and please excuse Ron's lack of shirt, I am working on making an actual robe for him, like the guys at the Egyptian event wear to show their horses, wish me luck, I *hate* the sewing machine, almost as much as it hates me I'm sure!
I'll try to post pics this weekend of the other set in progress...if I get time!

1 comment:

Mirror Bay Model Horse Tack said...

Hubba hubba hubba... your half-naked man looks good atop his headless steed! lol