Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hey Baby let's go to Vegas!

How ironic was it when that song came on yesterday, as I was finishing up the reins on the double bridle for my gold/black Arabian costume!
Well, like any other LVL year, I have been busy working my fingers to the bone. I have super glue and exacto injuries on nearly all of my fingers, (maybe I should super glue the cuts...it could be a sign, lol.) and my eyes and neck have been strained to the max, but I am so close! The gold and Black costume is DONE, and boy am I proud! It was my first ever attempt at a double bridle, and it is as detailed as anything I have ever made before, 5 tiny working buckles and a slip buckle for the throatlatch, it's so cool! The bit is from TWMHC/Allison Bennish on ebay, very cool stuff if you haven't ordered from them before! The rings swing just like on the real horse bits, which to me is so neat.












The green EDH will be done by tomorrow I hope, just the bridle standing in my way at this point, I'm a bit burned out on strap goods at the moment, but it will get done in time. I'll put some pics up of it when I have it finished.

I finally got around to painting the Matriarch who has been sitting on my shelf for two birthdays, she's turning out so much nicer than I hoped, I hope she does well this next week, she is a BLAST to paint! She is quite the demanding thing though, she said she needs a halter of her own, so she got one, it has 5 buckels for adjustment on it, and turned out quite lovely also, in my unbiased opinion! :0)














I also just wrapped up a customer commission for a simple cable style halter, the throatlatch is removable, and is done in super fine cable, just like the real deal!













Well, need to roll for now, my daughter just got hit on the head in a Pinata incident at the neighbor's house...off to tend to her! Hope to see some of you in Vegas next week!

1 comment:

Mirror Bay Model Horse Tack said...

I have to say that I love the classy way you designed that showring arabian costume. Very tasteful and beautiful. I dig the bridle especially!