Saturday, March 28, 2009

Working working working!


I figure with spring trying to pop it's head out up here in Idaho, I had better get a few things started and hopefully done, so I have some new stuff for NAN, or I just might not have time, (or energy) and that would be bad.


So anyway, here's the latest set on my desk, it's a Red Dancing horse set, and it's much further along than this pic, taken a few days ago, it's turning out really nice, so nice I don't really want to part ways wth it, lol. The pieces are just kind of laid on each other in the pic, nothing had been glued as of yet! It will have a row of tiny tassels along the drape edge, and the collar will have a double row, and I think I will go ahead and do the tie down for this one too, as it adds a bit more realism, and three more buckles, but who's counting? ;0)


I am also still working on the hand embroidered native costume, as well as one more native style set, made with a mini rug though for sanity's sake. I'll try and get snaps of the rug based set in a few days! Off for bed, I'm wiped today for some reason!

2 comments:

Mirror Bay Model Horse Tack said...

Hey Melissa! I love that you are doing that lovely red-and-white EDH set... I haven't seen the seat done that way by a tackmaker yet, and the results are looking so sharp!

Melissa Sage said...

Thanks for the compliment Heather! You kind of made me giggle, the seat wasn't covered yet in the picture, it's solid red, not red and white, I'm not that brave yet, lol! I'll try to get a new picture of what it looks like today posted, it's almost done, just the bridle, halter, tie down, girth and lining left to do!

Thanks so much for reading!